Google

Saturday, November 17, 2012

 

Quitting smoking

I think that I have developed a new technique to quit smoking, which I believe to be by far my most disgusting habit. I'm not a heavy smoker by any means (usually 1-4 cigs/day), but I have been doing it for far too long.

My general strategy to quit smoking in the past has been to create as many artificial deterrents as possible and to make the idea of smoking in general a huge pain in the ass. This strategy has involved:




  • never having a light
  • forcing myself to smoke my own incompetently rolled cigarettes (extra deterrent is that this requires having tape, or in one such case, sticky rice handy)
  • buying cigarettes marketed to saucy old ladies (Virginia Slim ultra light 100s)

  • Well, I think I have found a new deterrent.

    Today I bought a pack of Camel Lights, took out all of the cigarettes, and wrote the most embarrassing statements I could possibly think of on each one. My theory is that I will be so embarrassed by these statements that I will never want to pull out a cigarette in public and only smoke in moments of pure desperation.

    Statements so far include:


  • Clay Aiken #1 Fan
  • Ruins my Penis (Not even sure what that means, but I have learned firsthand that it is definitely embarrassing)
  • I <3 Mommy
  • I really really <3 Mommy

  • If anyone can think of any other embarrassing things to write let me know. I'm sure that this time it will work!

    Off to have a smoke.


    Comments:
    Two words: Mad Russian.
     
    Post a Comment



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?